Friday 20th October 2023 is Wear it Pink Day, to raise awareness of Breast Cancer and our team at Noble Live-in Care will all be wearing pink to support this initiative, started by Breast Cancer Now.
Breast Cancer Now’s wear it pink day is one of the biggest fundraising events in the UK. Taking place during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, thousands of amazing people wear it pink in their communities, schools or work places for the UK’s largest breast cancer charity, Breast Cancer Now.
You can find out more about the event and make a donation on the Breast Cancer Now website.
Being the most common cancer in women, we’re encouraging women to regularly check their breasts for any signs or symptoms of breast cancer. These include:
- A lump or swelling in the breast, upper chest or armpit
- A change to the skin, such as puckering or dimpling
- A change in the colour of the breast – the breast may look red or inflamed
- A nipple change, for example it has become pulled in (inverted)
- Rash or crusting around the nipple
- Unusual liquid (discharge) from either nipple
- Changes in size or shape of the breast
If you notice any changes at all, it’s important to get checked by your GP. Most breast changes, including breast lumps, aren’t cancer, but the sooner breast cancer is found, the more successful treatment is likely to be.